CATERPILLAR SANFORD PLANT FACTORY TOUR
NOTE: This program is only open to ASQ Members ONLY!
Host/Location: Caterpillar Inc., 5008 Womack Road, Sanford , NC 27330
Eventbrite Link: Click Here
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2015
1:45 PM: Group Arrives at the Sanford Facility
2:00 PM: Sanford Welcome Presentation followed by Factory Tour
4:00 PM: Return to Visitor Center – BREAK
4:15 PM: Final Wrap-Up Discussion
4:30 PM: Groups Departs – End of Sanford Program
Link to Web Site: Caterpillar
Event Details The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at facilities worldwide. BCP has production facilities in the U.S. (Clayton, N.C.; Sanford, N.C.; Athens, Ga), UK, China, India and Brazil. The Sanford facility is dedicated to meeting the ever-changing needs of business owners, decision makers and operators of Compact Construction Equipment. The 90,000 sq-ft Sanford Facility is the worldwide source for Skid Steer Loaders, Multi Terrain Loaders, and Compact Track Loaders. Partners with local Vo-Tech Schools, Community Colleges and area High Schools to recruit and train new employees.
When You Arrive:
- Follow Womack Road to the Main Entrance which is located on the corner of Womack Rd. and Oak Park Road.
- Proceed straight into the facility and stop at the front gate.
- Please press the button on the speaker box to speak to our Security Staff. (Note, if you are driving a diesel vehicle, you may need to turn your engine off to be able to hear and communicate with our Security Staff). If no one responds, please call 919-777-2001919-777-2001 from your cell phone for assistance.
- Please provide your name and tell them your are here for a factory tour. They should have a list of all the visitors expected that day. Once they check your name off the list, they will open the gate and let you into the facility.
- Once you get through the front gate, the Visitor & Training Center is located to your left.
- Turn left and park in the gravel parking lot just outside the Visitor & Training Center.
SAFETY AND OTHER REGULATIONS FOR VISITORS AT FACILITIES:
The following safety regulations have been compiled to ensure your visit to Caterpillar’s Building Construction Products will be safe, informative and enjoyable.
Protective glasses will be provided and should be worn during facility tours.
Full foot covering is required in facilities (no open toes or open heels, spike heels or sandals). Well-constructed athletic shoes are acceptable.
Minimum age for visitors is 12 years old.
Canes are acceptable. Crutches are not permitted. Carts may be used at facilities where available. Otherwise, a wheelchair will be rented. Please be sure to specify if any member of your group requires any of these services before coming to the facility.
A Dealer representative should accompany a physically challenged visitor during a facility tour and is responsible for handling the wheelchair if one is required.
Cell phones should be turned off during presentations and factory tours.
Facilities have the right to refuse anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Nametags will be provided and should be worn at all times.
Cameras and cell phones with internal cameras ARE NOT allowed inside facilities.
HISTORY: For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2013 sales and revenues of $55.656 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments – Resource Industries, Construction Industries and Power Systems – and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment. For more information, visit www.caterpillar.com . To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.