Position Title: Senior Quality Engineer/Technician ∞ (Monroe, NC)
Location: Monroe, NC
Link to Apply: http://go.3M.com/R00953093
3M is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer/Technician for the Personal Safety Division (PSD) Plant located in Monroe, NC. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Senior Quality Engineer/Technician will be responsible for implementing quality improvements to a wide range of processes and products, handling customer complaints, follow-up resolution and improvement plans.
For additional business group/division/product information, please visit: https://www.3mscott.com/
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Facilitate problem solving teams for both customer and internal issues. Knows the tools used in manufacturing problem solving.
• Can create and facilitate the creation/revision of Process Failure Effects Mode Analysis (PFEMA), Control Plans (CP) and/or Operator Instructions.
• Can complete Measurement System Analysis (MSA) studies and interpret the results
• Can perform statistical analysis, including capability studies, control charts, and interpret the results.
• Understands the phases of new product introduction
• Can proficiently use Minitab
• The ideal candidate will also know the following: Design of Experiments (DOEs), Six Sigma and/or Process Validation.
• Possess an Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a Quality Engineer (Automotive, Aerospace and/or Medical) in a private, public, government or military environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited institution
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience working as a Quality Engineer (Automotive, Aerospace and/or Medical) in a private, public, government or military environment
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification such as Quality Engineer (CQE) or willingness to obtain
• Experience with Six Sigma methodology and use of quality/statistical tools
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Statistical knowledge and practice Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) studies, Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Process Capability, Sampling Plans, Design of Experiments (DOE), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Regression
• Ability to lead and be a contributing member of cross functional teams
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
• Microsoft Office proficient, Minitab a plus
Location: Monroe, NC
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).