ASQ Raleigh Section 1113 Mentor Program includes experienced quality professionals (Gurus) who:
- Introduce ASQ to potential members (Rookies) to educate them about the benefits that ASQ membership provides, and
- Educate new Section 1113 members (also Rookies) about ASQ Headquarters and Raleigh Section offerings
Why become a Rookie?
A Rookie can find out more about ASQ or about Section 1113, such as:
- Benefits of ASQ membership
- Information that can be found on the ASQ Headquarters and Section 1113 websites
- Section 1113 leadership
- Section 1113 activities, such as our monthly meetings, tours and annual Quality in the Triangle conference
- Training and education opportunities
- Contacts within the section for topics such as volunteer opportunities, the Section 1113 leadership council, and other committees
- ASQ Certification and Re-Certification
If you want to become a Rookie, see the Rookie Frequently Asked Questions, select a Guru from below, and contact your Guru of choice. You can also refer to our Mentor Program Overview for Rookies for more information
If you participated in the Mentor program and you would like to give us feedback, please complete the following Short Survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XKZDCGP
What are the requirements for a Guru?
Experienced ASQ Section 1113 members can apply to become a Guru. Gurus must be an ASQ Member for at least 3 years, and either:
- Active in section, division, or national ASQ events (minimum of 3 events in the past year), or
- ASQ Leadership Council Board member or Subcommittee member at section, regional, division or headquarters level.
Gurus can earn ASQ Recertification Units for working with a Rookie (0.1 RU per hour up to 1.0 per year in the Professional Development category
How to Become a Guru
For further information about becoming an ASQ Section 1113 Guru, please see the Guru Frequently Asked Questions and the Guru SOP. If you would like to become a Guru, complete the Guru Application following the instructions on the application, and send the completed application to the Mentor Committee Chair, Joanne Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joanne Mayo – Mentor Committee Chair
Mary Chris Easterly
Guru Time Tracking Tool
Gurus track the time spent with rookies on the Guru time tracker to earn recertification units. Time Tracker in Google Docs
In addition to the guidelines in the ASQ Headquarters Mentor Program, the Section 1113 Mentor Program is not intended to be used for career counseling or job searches. Please visit www.asq.org and asqraleigh.org for listed job opportunities.
See the attached Disclaimer